Employee Engagement – How you can really build your business.
We have worked for over 20 years at increasing engagement levels in a variety of different environments; from local community groups, to within the teams of large corporations.
In this post we look at how you can improve employee engagement in your organisation.
But first, we look at some of the evidence, which shows that employee engagement leads to more successful and profitable business results.
The correlation between employee engagement, well-being, and profitable results is repeated too often for it not to be a coincidence.
A large number of studies have taken place that look at the impact of high levels of employee engagement on business outcomes.
Susan Sorenson from Gallop writes an article How Employee Engagement Drives Growth. She writes, ‘Gallup researchers studied the differences in performance between engaged and actively disengaged work units and found that those scoring in the top half on employee engagement nearly doubled their odds of success compared with those in the bottom half.’
A Havard Study found 71% of respondents rank employee engagement as very important to achieving overall organizational success.
But what is employee engagement?
Bruce Kasanoff writes a great article on employer engagement and sums it up perfectly: ‘Employee engagement is not about hiring brilliant people who are uniquely talented. It is about bringing human beings together so that they magnify each other’s strengths.’
So what do you need to build employee engagement?
RedZebra’s Breakthrough Teamwork Model takes employees and employers through what we believe are the essential pillars that improve employee engagement and deliver breakthrough business performance:
- Trust – Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing. To be your word. Do what you say. To have Integrity. Your behaviours mirror your words.
- Alignment – Alignment with others in the belief to take a certain action. You understand the plan, your role and what action you need to take. You own the outcome. Put your skin in the game.
- Ownership – An attitude of accepting responsibility for something and taking control of how it develops. To hold yourself accountable for the result achieved. To go beyond. To do what it takes.
- Positive Mindset – A positive mental attitude or disposition that predetermines a person’s responses to and interpretations of situations. To see opportunity in every challenge. To be restless in the search of a better solution.
- Agility – The ability to think quickly, solve problems and have new ideas. The response time it takes to move from a challenge to opportunity finding. Mobilise the people and resources you need to find a solution.
How can RedZebra bring these five things to your organisation?
Here at RedZebra we can tailor make a package to your needs. We aim to deliver inspiring workshops that engage and motivate your employees. Just as we did with Coca Cola, you can see just what we did and the positive on employee engagement here.
RedZebra create workshops where participants interact with each other in fresh and exciting ways. These enjoyable activities promote all of the five points outlined above and boost employee engagement to a whole new level– inspiring your team to work together more creatively, collaboratively and effectively in the future.
Please do get in contact with us if you would like to chat about improving your employee engagement, we will be happy to help!